Fully renovated convent in the heart of a French village in the Pyrenees foothills with pool and extension potential. BARBAZAN
- 172 m²
Quietly situated in a traditional French village in the foothills of the Pyrenees sits this fully renovated convent, formally a small hospital run by nuns it is now a comfortable and welcoming family home. Ideal for skiing trips at under 40 minutes from various ski resorts, fishing, hiking and biking are all around you. Just over one hour from Toulouse international airport and under half an hour from Spain.
Offering over 170 square meters of habitable space over two floors with potential to extend into the generous loft and/or into the adjacent barn which has been part prepared for conversion with a renewed roof fitted with 3 oversized 'velux' windows.
The extremely comfortable conversion has been carried out with much respect for the original nature of the building. Modernisation includes new oak floors, a new oak staircase, interior shutters on most windows, en suite shower rooms/bathrooms to all first floor bedrooms, central heating and rewiring. Central heating is via a gas condensation boiler and there are two wood burners for added style in the sitting room and drawing room.
To the exterior are 140 square meters of wooden decking surrounding the pool, an orchard, double garage, courtyard and generous parking.
- The ground floor consists of a generous entrance hallway running east to west offering views over the garden and pool via the glazed door, to the left is a large family room with fully fitted kitchen, sitting area with 'Jotul' log burner and dining area, the windows overlook the courtyard.
The sitting room, over the hallway, has a marble fireplace with 'Jotul' log burner fitted, windows overlooking the courtyard and in common with the rest of the property a beamed ceiling. Leading off of the sitting room is a downstairs bedroom/office which has a window overlooking the garden and pool and a doorway to the annex building. Completing the downstairs is a shower room and a utility area.
- The first floor has a generous hallway running east to west with large linen cupboard and windows overlooking the garden and courtyard. First floor rooms all have oak flooring and beamed ceilings. The master bedroom suite has twin windows overlooking the courtyard, provision for a log burner, dressing area and bathroom. Bedroom two has twin windows overlooking the courtyard and shower room, and bedroom three has a window overlooking the garden and pool and shower room.
The hand made oak staircase continues up into the attic where there is plenty of potential to create a further 2-3 suites if required.
The annex to the south currently provides storage but would offer a wonderful extension to the main accommodation or conversion into a separate cottage. It was re-roofed and has 3 oversized 'velux' windows fitted with doors to bedroom 4 on the ground floor and east and west to garden and courtyard.
The double garage to the north west of the main house has electricity and water to the exterior.
The generous decking along the entire west facade of the property surrounds the pool offering safe and practical play and entertaining areas, ideal for BBQ's.
The lawned garden below the decking has various fruit trees.
A stunning and rare property which will reward the new owners with an exceptional quality of life in this most beautiful region of France.
- Bedrooms : 4
- Bathrooms : 1
- washrooms : 3
- surface habitables : 172 m²
- Land surface1680 m²
- Parental suite : 1
- Living room surface : 26 m²
- Terraces : 1
- Levels : 2
- Convertible attic
- Living room
- exposed frame
- Land surface : 1680 m²
Rooms area and orientation
- Hall d'entrée 19,3 m2 orientation : Est
- Salon étage 21,8 m2 orientation : Est
- chambre 4/bureau 11,55 m2 orientation : Ouest
- sejour/cuisine/SAM 26,5 m2 orientation : Est
- all d'eau 2 m2
- chambre 3 avec salle d'eau 16,4 m2 orientation : Ouest
- palier étage 15,6 m2 orientation : Ouest
- chambre 2 avec salle d'eau 21,8 m2 orientation : Est
- suite parental avec dressing et salle de bain 32 m2 orientation : Est
- grenier amenegeable (106m2 au sol) 52 m2
- Price: 450 000€
- Property taxes
- Transfer taxes paid by the buyer : 5 % Taxes included
- Total yearly taxes
- Is not a condominium.
Features and appliances
- Heater : radiateurs
- Heater : gaz
- Kitchen : americaine
- Kitchen : aménagée
- Kitchen : équipée
- Land : arbore_paysage
- Fenced land
- Outdoor swimmingpool
- Parking : 2 voitures
- Outbuilding : 1
- Outbuilding Surface : 59 m²
Distance and Commodities
- orientation : Est
- Train station : 19 km
- Airport : 115 km
- Highway : 19 km
- Shops : 6 km
- Mall : 19 km
- Sauveterre de Comminges : 6 km
- Gourdan Polignan : 19 km